Nikon D40 18-55 kit lens filter size?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nikon D40 18-55 kit lens filter size?

A friend of mine has a kit lens for his camera, and would like to buy a filter. Not being familiar with the Nikon brand, I'm not sure where to look to see the requirement. Not to mention we don't leave close by.

Any advice?
    My Facebook Page

18-55 and 55-200 lenses all take 52mm filters.

Nikon's been nice enough to make 3 "standard" sizes: 52, 67, 77 for the consumer/prosumer/pro lines, respectively. Of course, there are exceptions, but thats the gist.
    I am responsible for what I say; not what you understand.
    adammontpetit.com
    Gear List
    500PX | Graphic Design

Comment

Thanks for the help! I looked at the pictures of the lens and couldn't tell for sure.
      My Facebook Page

Comment

It will normally be marked on the inside of the lens cap... have a look there.

Comment

Originally posted by idcrewdawg View Post
          Thanks for the help! I looked at the pictures of the lens and couldn't tell for sure.
          Flip it over, on the bottom of the lens near the mount there'll be a whole bunch of letters (near the serial number).

Among them should be a circle with a dash through it (Theta) and then a number. That number is what you need.
          I am responsible for what I say; not what you understand.
          adammontpetit.com
          Gear List
          500PX | Graphic Design

Comment

Originally posted by OsmosisStudios View Post
            Among them should be a circle with a dash through it (Theta) and then a number. That number is what you need.
            phi, not theta.
            Almond Butterscotch
            The Almond Tree
            Facebook Page
            My Equipment

Comment

Working...
            X