1st single RAW HDR Attempt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st single RAW HDR Attempt

Ok kids I have always admired anyone who can pull of an HDR image from a single RAW file. I get the technique from multiple files, although the technique from a single file evades me.

This is one of my first attempts from a single Raw file using PS CS5. It was colour corrected, duplicated and overlaid in overlay mode, de saturated, curves adjusted then tweaked with an high pass filter and another curves adjustment. I still didn’t quite get the effect I was going for which I believe is closer to the topaz effect although I don’t have that plug in.

And constructive criticism always welcome.
    If you understand photography is like wine “ meaning not everyone has the same taste” only then do you have the right to be "constructive" in your criticism.

***** Its NOT ok to reedit my images WITHOUT permission*****

If by chance that you were trying to get that "grunge" look, I think all you'll need to do here is boost the saturation.

For $99 you can buy Photomatix Pro which will process single photo's with tone mapping, which is basically HDR.
    Nothing in life is a certainty until it becomes history,
    and even then it must be questioned.

Comment

Looks really good. I haven't been able to get that look from a single RAW file. I didn't know you could get Photomatix to process one image - I tried to get it to process 2 jpgs from a RAW file and it didn't take it. I'll have to check it again.

For anyone interested in Photomatix, here is a link where you can get %15 off - Photomatix Coupon Code – “STUCKINCUSTOMS” works great
      GREG - Canon 60D with 10-22, 18-55 & 55-250.
      flickr
      flickriver
      My 500px
      "You can't be young forever, but you can always be immature." - Larry Andersen.

Comment

All ya gotta do is click "File - Open", browse till ya find the pic you want and click "Open". When it opens, click "Tone Mapping" and a few seconds later, depending on whether you chose to have noise filtered or not, the process shows it's work.
        Nothing in life is a certainty until it becomes history,
        and even then it must be questioned.

Comment

Thanks Guys, I wasnt really going for the over saturated look although I do get where you are coming from. I still really need to practice this technique as I love the effect although multiple exposures aren’t always possible. I would love to be able to master the Topaz effect without using a topaz plug in.

Originally posted by Krusty79 View Post
          I didn't know you could get Photomatix to process one image - I tried to get it to process 2 jpgs from a RAW file and it didn't take it. I'll have to check it again.
          Krusty. Glad you approve. Just a heads up I didn’t use photomatrix, I used Photoshop CS5and all the edits were done individually, and not by using the program to process in one go.

If I miss read your post I apologize :0)
          Last edited by Christian Michael; 12-02-2011, 07:13 PM.
          If you understand photography is like wine “ meaning not everyone has the same taste” only then do you have the right to be "constructive" in your criticism.

***** Its NOT ok to reedit my images WITHOUT permission*****

Comment

Okay, thanks flytyer.

Christian, I was replying to both of you actually. I did see that you used CS5, but flytyer was talking about Photomatix. There is an HDR Merge function in PSP, but I think Photomatix does a better job and I would expect CS5 to do a good job also (for that price, it should!).
            GREG - Canon 60D with 10-22, 18-55 & 55-250.
            flickr
            flickriver
            My 500px
            "You can't be young forever, but you can always be immature." - Larry Andersen.

Comment

Working...
            X