Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maternity CC Needed

A short introduction.

I've been into photography for about 3yrs, but only seriously in the last 6 months or so. Im enrolled in photography program at a local community college, however I learn more online from forums like these than my actual classes.

My focus is maternity and newborn photography. Ive done several "proper" newborn and maternity shoots after having done maternity & newborn for about a year. Now Im really starting to take it seriously.

I own a Canon Rebel. I mostly use my 50mm lens, I shoot in manual and use natural light. I currently shoot on-location.Looking to upgrade to a new lens, any recommendations?

In addition to being a budding photographer Im a doula (labor support), breastfeeding counselor, herbalist in training, childbirth educator, etc.

As I am expecting my 3rd child March/April and I wont be attending births as a doula I figured this would be a perfect time for me to further expand my skills as a photographer.

I haven't been active on here in a while. Bare with me as you can see I'm working on improving my watermark/signature.

Shot in manual with natural light.
    1.8f, ISO 200, SS 125sec
    076b&wlogo

More here
    Last edited by cali4niachef; 02-18-2011, 03:20 AM.
    Maternity & Newborn Photographer, Doula, Childbirth Educator, Herbalist, Coffee Addict, Lactavist
    See my site for Hand-made Herbal ProductsProducts
    EuphoricBirthServices.com

only red X's on the photos
    Vince "...the law of unintended consequences, sometimes, you get a truly memorable photograph"
    Gear: Canon G2, Canon 20D, Nikon D300...bunch of lenses
    My Flickr
    www.montalbanophotography.com

Comment

OK, now they're up
      Vince "...the law of unintended consequences, sometimes, you get a truly memorable photograph"
      Gear: Canon G2, Canon 20D, Nikon D300...bunch of lenses
      My Flickr
      www.montalbanophotography.com

Comment

Originally posted by autofocus View Post
        OK, now they're up
        Sorry about that! Its hard to remember how to post photos in multiple forums LOL
        Maternity & Newborn Photographer, Doula, Childbirth Educator, Herbalist, Coffee Addict, Lactavist

Comment

Might want to take a look here: http://digital-photography-school.co...rum-rules.html and adjust your post before the mods get to it.
          Susan
          Mostly Canon stuff
          My Flickr
          Facebook - new photos always posted and always happy for new "likes"!
          Website going through an overhaul!

Comment

Originally posted by SusanH1970 View Post
            Might want to take a look here: http://digital-photography-school.co...rum-rules.html and adjust your post before the mods get to it.
            I was coming back to fix it

Though Im confused a mod deleted my last post and told me 4 images were allowed. Only 4 are allowed in SYS and 1 in critque form - right?
            Last edited by cali4niachef; 02-18-2011, 12:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by cali4niachef View Post
              Okay, gotcha! Thanks.
              Susan
              Mostly Canon stuff
              My Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by cali4niachef View Post

Though Im confused a mod deleted my last post and told me 4 images were allowed. Only 4 are allowed in SYS and 1 in critque form - right?
                Four images allowed in SYS. One image in Crtiique. You also need to provide EXIF info and what you would like critique on (i.e. lighting, composition, posing, any combo of any aspects....).
                Susan
                Mostly Canon stuff
                My Flickr

Comment

Working...
                X