Bouncy Ball Fun

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bouncy Ball Fun

I took this this weekend while visiting family and I like the shot. Something seems off and I can't figure out what. I don't know if I should try and change to black and white or not. I'd love to use this for a scrapbook project for her parents but not sure if it's good enough. I'm a newbie at this stuff so learning is part of the fun.

Nikon D40 w/18-55mm Kit Lens
    Myflickr

Ok to edit and repost my photos in DPS forums.

Post processing is not my forte, so I'll let someone else advise you on that. But I would probably cut off some of the right side so that the ball is not so dominant in the picture.
    Linda
    My Gear
    OK to re-edit and repost my shots on dps
    flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Saralonde View Post
      Post processing is not my forte, so I'll let someone else advise you on that. But I would probably cut off some of the right side so that the ball is not so dominant in the picture.
      Thank you Saralonde. I appreciate the feedback. Now crop I think I could do. I don't have PS on my computer. Closest photo stuff I have is Fireworks and I don't really use it. LOL Post processing isn't even in my ballgame sadly. Someday I'd like to learn. I love seeing how creative people are with it.
      Myflickr

Comment

I'm a Picasa girl myself. I swear I'm going to spend this winter exploring the possibilities of editing. When I see what JiminyClickitt can do, it is amazing!
        Linda
        My Gear
        OK to re-edit and repost my shots on dps
        flickr

Comment

Miss Red,

If you do soon succumb to the call of the Magic Wand (and whatever else is in PhotoShop), I could show you what possibilities are there. One thing I prefer to do is show what might have happened if you'd stepped back a foot, or opened aperture more to blur background, or if you had control over movement of the Sun. Sort of. If you're curious about all that, I could give it a go?

Saralonde,

You're a kind Picasa girl, thanks for the mention. Are you storing photos for the winter? Like a squirrel, so you'll have stuff to work on? And are you going to do a special photo for #2000?
          OK to re-edit and repost photo(s) only on DPS forums
          Proud user of a Fuji FP S3100, Nikon P90, a Canon T3i, and persistence.

Comment

Originally posted by jiminyClickit View Post
            Miss Red,

If you do soon succumb to the call of the Magic Wand (and whatever else is in PhotoShop), I could show you what possibilities are there. One thing I prefer to do is show what might have happened if you'd stepped back a foot, or opened aperture more to blur background, or if you had control over movement of the Sun. Sort of. If you're curious about all that, I could give it a go?

LOL Magic wand. Lasso tool is in there too I think?

I'd love that. Like I said I'm a newbie but having all the tips as examples might stick in my brain for the next shot, ya know. Plus I really need to figure out how to play with the settings on my camera. I'm embarrassed to say that was on Auto.

There was this photo too.
            Last edited by Miss Red; 08-23-2007, 03:03 AM. Reason: added photo
            Myflickr

Comment

Oh, Miss Red

Now I'm hooked: the position of the first, with the open face and surroundings of the second photo. Oh, my.

Auto can be blamed as well as credited. There are ways to get great photos (or not) in both, manual too. It's one of those balancing acts, and you can train for it. Learning to walk was probably harder! I'll enjoy seeing what kind of balance I can get from two pretty good shots. Be patient though, this is major magic.

Comment

Miss Red,

Something like this could come out of the camera, or you can piece it together. You have the ideas, and with practice you can get just what you want, especially with Nikon.

MissRedX

Comment

My Crack at it

I am not nearly as good as Jiminy but here is what imay have done, I probably would go back and fix the oversaturation I created in the face, but you will see the point...

and if you do opt black and white...
                  Canon EOS 40D, Canon Zoom EF 28-135 f/3.5-5.6 USM IS

Comment

Thank you jiminy. Wow. That is AMAZING that you could do that with the 2 photos. I bow to you. Beautiful!!!!
                    Myflickr

Comment

Miss Red, Thanks

You are kind; bowing always leaves me wondering what to do next, so I pretend to be Oriental and bow back. You allowed me to experiment with your photos; that was a leap of faith, and without them, I'd have been watching TV. I hope the idea the edit suggests helps in some future photo. Timing and background sometimes make a good photo better.

Comment

Miss Red, Thanks

You are kind; bowing always leaves me wondering what to do next, so I pretend to be Oriental and bow back. You allowed me to experiment with your photos; that was a leap of faith, and without them, I'd have been watching TV. I hope the idea the edit suggests helps in some future photo. Timing and background sometimes make a good photo better.
                        Oh absolutely! It helps a LOT. To see something that could have been, remains in my mind for what might be. I see what that photo, in a moment, could have been and I thank you for it.
                        Myflickr

Comment

Miss Red,

You're most welcome.

"To see something that could have been, remains in my mind for what might be."

That's quite a thought. Well said.

(As an afterthought, I'm adding that this is my 3000th post; thanks for helping to make it a most enjoyable experience.)
                          Last edited by jiminyClickit; 08-24-2007, 03:23 AM.

Comment

Miss Red,

You're most welcome.

"To see something that could have been, remains in my mind for what might be."

That's quite a thought. Well said.

(As an afterthought, I'm adding that this is my 3000th post; thanks for helping to make it a most enjoyable experience.)
                            Awww! Definitely my pleasure Jiminy!
                            Myflickr

Comment

Congrats on hitting the big 3-0-0-0 JC.

Miss Red, it may take creative manoeuvering with a big red ball in the way, but i think you might be more happy with this shot and shots like it if you capture both eyes of your subject. 3/4 face, full face, whatever, with child pics you want those big eyes in the picture and preferably engaged with the camera.

EL
                              Nikon D40

Comment

Working...
                              X