Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuji + Sun, Part II

From the Fuji FP S3100: ISO 64 f/8 1/250th/sec Macro mode 6mm Full Sun

Some layered improvement of depth of color, as well as vignette mask to emphasize white blooms. Shadow in center was a concern, did not look better lightened.

Trio
    OK to re-edit and repost photo(s) only on DPS forums
    Proud user of a Fuji FP S3100, Nikon P90, a Canon T3i, and persistence.

Its a beautiful picture

Comment

sharkmachine, Welcome

And thank you. And Mother Nature.

Comment

Very sharp, lovely color, good whites, nice "odd rule of composition". Feelings are mixed about the leaves. Not sure if they compete or enhance.

Definitely gives me the feeling of Spring!
        Linda
        My Gear
        OK to re-edit and repost my shots on dps
        flickr

Comment

Saralonde, Thanks

Same tree last year had a single bloom with one leaf and just looked sad, so when this group showed up, I was drawn to it.

Too many leaves, too bright, too big? At one stage I had more mask on left and bottom, made the bloom stand out, but dulled the leaves. Haven't tried crop, that green was so rich, I wanted some balance to the white. Let's see what toning it down does.

Comment

Lovely picture! Love the lighting, the color, everything! It should be in the how i took it thread not in the critique my shot thread cos all you going to get is praise. There should be a praise my shot thread.
            Kunal Daswani -
            Canon 40D,Canon 70-200 F4 L, 50mm f1.8, Sigma 17-70, 430EX
            OK to edit and repost my photos on DPS forums
            My Flickr | Kunal Daswani Photography

Comment

kunaldaswani, Thank you

In a perfect world everyone would be praised for the magic of pointing a device at a thing and producing an image the human mind interpretes as a 2D representation of that thing. The person who designed the camera I shoot with is a genius, I am a button-pusher. The technicians at Adobe do magic, I wave a pen-on-tablet, and with patience infinite, turn out a post I hope will be praiseworthy. But it's one in a thousand of praiseworthy images. And thanks for believing it is one.

Comment

sorry to interrupt here ..
                was it a bright sunny day.. which has made it little underexposed..
                With Nikon D800, D700, D90, some fast prime lenses and some strobes. http://www.navdeepsoni.com

Comment

photofixation,

Full Sun in the sky, with some tree-branch diffusion on blooms. I will post original if you want.

Comment

Originally posted by jiminyClickit View Post
                    photofixation,

Full Sun in the sky, with some tree-branch diffusion on blooms. I will post original if you want.
                    That will be nice if you can.
                    With Nikon D800, D700, D90, some fast prime lenses and some strobes. http://www.navdeepsoni.com

Comment

Jim I love it!!
                      Canon 350D EOS SLR 18-55, canon zoom lens EF 35-105mm (off my old EOS 1000F)
                      Fujifilm Z1 point and click
                      Sony Ericson K800i phone with a 3.2 cybershot camera which takes surprisingly good shots!
                      Editing software used: Corel Paintshop Pro X, aka PSP X, PSP 9, PSP X2
                      My Flickr

Comment

knickers71uk,

Thanks! Usually I don't see results like this, having had what seems like 4 months of cloudy snowy weather. Also the lane the tree is on will be stripped for a roadway soon, and I'm trying to save what I can of the everyday wonders that will be gone shortly. The ones I hardly noticed before now.

(and good to see you're a Senior now!)

Comment

photofixation,

The original:

Trio

Comment

Nice crisp flowers - and I think your crop and enhancement has definitely been beneficial to the final image.

Wulf
                            Wulf Forrester-Barker << Sites: blog / flickr >>
                            Gear: Nikon D40, Nikon AFS 18-55mm f/3.5 - 5.6G, Nikon Series E 50mm f/1.8, Nikon AF 70-300mm f/4-5.6G, Vivitar 90mm f/2.5 macro, Raynox DCR-250, Lensbaby 2.0k, SB600

Comment

Jim,

you did a good job with your crop and touch ups.
                              But IMHO its bit underexposed. Other members can share the thoughts here.

Comment

Working...
                              X