Close
Close
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    jocelynaz is offline dPS Forum Member

Default My new business cards!

For those of you looking for a good place to order business cards, I thought I'd share that I just got my first business cards today and I ordered them from Got Print (recommendation from a thread here!). I love them! They did a great job. Everything was perfect and I am soooo pleased. I uploaded my own custom design, not used any of their templates.

I've used VistaPrint in the past with no so good results. I wasn't thrilled with their work (uploaded custom design), but that was 3 years ago. Maybe they've improved since then.

HTH!
    Jocelyn
    My Website: www.joscephotography.com
    Nikon D200, 85mm f1.8, 50mm f1.8, 18-55mm, 55-200mm VR, SB-600 Speedlight

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven." (Matt 5:16)

yalborap is offline dPS Forum Member

Now you have to post what you did! I'm gonna get my own ones done pretty soon.
    My gearlist:
    Nikon D40, 18-55 3.5-5.6, 55-200 4-5.6 VR DX, 50mm 1.8

Xposurepro is offline dPS Forum Member

I use vista print for mass cards that I use to staple to fliers and bulletin boards in nail salons, gas stations, markets, restaurants and everywhere else under the sun ... I've order enough from them that now I always get deals like 1000 cards for $7 with full photo and the quality is great for standard business cards ... now when it comes to the personal cards I keep on me and on the counter in the studio, etc. I don't use them for those. I dont have a regular place I use either and often change things up ... I like to sometimes just design a business card in a dye-cut wallet format ... looks awesome plus it doubles as an actual sample product.
    Randy McKown:: Photography Tutorials & Free Stuff

Quote Originally Posted by yalborap View Post
    Now you have to post what you did! I'm gonna get my own ones done pretty soon.
    Here ya go! I'm too lazy to take a picture of the actual card, but here's the file I uploaded. The printed cards look exactly like the file -- sharp, clear, perfect color and cut! (no uneven cutting!) The way you see it here is the exact way it looks on the card, but with obviously higher resolution on the print. I chose to get the premium uncoated cover, not gloss and I love how it turned out. Can you tell I'm excited about the quality?? LOL!

I'm sure there are other companies with just as great quality service, but I am very happy with my first order with GotPrint. The pricing was very reasonable too! Cheaper than thru VistaPrint (when uploading your own file).

busncard2-forweb

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven." (Matt 5:16)

sarahgirl777 is offline dPS Forum Member

Very nice card! I just sent mine in to Vista print, I hope they turn out ok, although I got a $3.99 deal, so I guess it's not too bad to try out. But now that I see your card, it gives me some ideas for my next layout. I was trying to figure out a way to get more than one photo on it and have it look nice. I really like your layout and logo etc! here was mine..

Quote Originally Posted by jocelynaz View Post
    Here ya go! I'm too lazy to take a picture of the actual card, but here's the file I uploaded. The printed cards look exactly like the file -- sharp, clear, perfect color and cut! (no uneven cutting!) The way you see it here is the exact way it looks on the card, but with obviously higher resolution on the print. I chose to get the premium uncoated cover, not gloss and I love how it turned out. Can you tell I'm excited about the quality?? LOL!

I'm sure there are other companies with just as great quality service, but I am very happy with my first order with GotPrint. The pricing was very reasonable too! Cheaper than thru VistaPrint (when uploading your own file).

busncard2-forweb
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Nikon D700, Nikon D200, 50mm f1.8, 28-80mm, 28-75mm f2.8, 70-300mm 5 speedlights, some stands, umbrellas etc.
    My flickr
    My Website

Thanks Sarah! I like your card! The only thing I wish I changed on mine was increase the font size of the wording at the bottom of my card, where it says "family, children...". It's a little too small now that I saw it printed. Oh well. Now I know what to fix on my next order. But nonetheless, GotPrint did my order exactly how I had submitted it.

Let me know how your order turns out with VistaPrint. Like I said, my experience was 3 years ago, so I'm sure they've improved since then. Or maybe...the tech that processed my order was new! Who knows! And who can beat $3.99???

private is offline Old timer :)

I never even thought to put actual photos on my card - oh well - next time...

And one other thing that I did not do was use the word photography - its on the back of the card instead of the front...

I also used VISTA prints and just had them print 100 postcards...hope that works for me...
    Pat
    5D, 5DMKIII | lenses 50 1.2, 35 1.4, 17-40 f/4, 70-200 2.8 II, 15mm - MY WEBSITE Fan me on Facebook!
    You don't have to be the best, you just have to be better than last week" - Jerry Ghionis

yalborap is offline dPS Forum Member

My design has three of my favorites on the back, though I worry it's a bit cliche.
    My gearlist:
    Nikon D40, 18-55 3.5-5.6, 55-200 4-5.6 VR DX, 50mm 1.8

private is offline Old timer :)

I will do that next time - b/c its like showing your portfolio AND they do not have to go to your website
    Pat
    5D, 5DMKIII | lenses 50 1.2, 35 1.4, 17-40 f/4, 70-200 2.8 II, 15mm - MY WEBSITE Fan me on Facebook!
    You don't have to be the best, you just have to be better than last week" - Jerry Ghionis

sarahgirl777 is offline dPS Forum Member

Thanks, yea I'll let you know how they turn out. I had already printed them myself at home on thick photo paper so I know the fonts will be ok, I'm thinking a professional printer should do better than what my ink jet printer does so I figured if they were gonna offer a special I might as well give it a try!

Quote Originally Posted by jocelynaz View Post
    Thanks Sarah! I like your card! The only thing I wish I changed on mine was increase the font size of the wording at the bottom of my card, where it says "family, children...". It's a little too small now that I saw it printed. Oh well. Now I know what to fix on my next order. But nonetheless, GotPrint did my order exactly how I had submitted it.

Let me know how your order turns out with VistaPrint. Like I said, my experience was 3 years ago, so I'm sure they've improved since then. Or maybe...the tech that processed my order was new! Who knows! And who can beat $3.99???
    Nikon D700, Nikon D200, 50mm f1.8, 28-80mm, 28-75mm f2.8, 70-300mm 5 speedlights, some stands, umbrellas etc.
    My flickr
    My Website

Page 1 of 2 12 Last