Close
Close
Page 3 of 26 First 1234513 ... Last
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: A Quick Guide on Where To Sell Photographs Online

WooD is offline Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by filemanager View Post
    Why do people like smugmug? I'm just uploading some photos now, and it seems so complicated to me! Can people actually buy your photos off this site?

I've been using a smugmug pro account for 18 months now. Yes people can, and will buy your shots if it's something they want.

My only complaint with them is it takes forever to upload a lot of shots, but I guess their about like the others I use.

smenzel is offline I'm new here!

Quote Originally Posted by rolii View Post
    Go here for help on uploading photos to Smugmug. You will also notice that on top of every photo found on Smugmug there's a "buy this photo" button.
    I like the idea of an image hosting service that allows people to purchase my images but a quick look at the prices on Smugmug has me running. Theirs are at least a third higher than other online print services.

RevSteve is offline I'm new here!

Thanks for making this info available. I'm a newbie and can use any and all help I can get.

phlyersphan is offline dPS Forum Member

I like Zenfolio.com. Like Smugmug, you can set prices and sell your work with their premium account. I preferred the look of zenfolio's gallery and slideshows, which is why I went with them over Smugmug. Otherwise, the two seemed very similar. I was also looking into ExposureManager.com, and their support most impressed me - but their galleries are blah unless you design your own, and I didn't want to have to bother with that.
    -- Shelly
    Canon 50D, Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II, Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM
    * OK to edit and re-post my photos, only to DPS *
    [about me] - [Flickr] - [zenfolio gallery]

Iced juice is offline I'm new here!

I can propose www.clikpic.com
    Generally it's the platform to create a portfolio. But with opportunity to custom your own design and sales.

SuRi is offline dPS Forum Member

I'm selling my prints on zazzle.com
    I get 17% of the profit (have it set up to be donated to charity, not really interested in trying to make money just wanted to do something productive with my photos)

If you sign up you get 10%, then if you become and associate you get 17%. I am an ametuer and not sure if my photos would be accepted to the big professional places, so I started using zazzle (started on 5/29/08 and have sold 6 things so far)

lputman is offline Super Moderator

Suri, your blog is beautiful and I love your "Kiss My Splash" card.
    Lori Putman flickr
    ~No one can drive us crazy unless we give them the keys
    ~~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain!
    7D | 300L f/4 IS | 70-200L f/2.8 IS II | 135L | 35L | 100/2.0 | 50/1.4
    430 EX, 580 EX II Speedlites

SuRi is offline dPS Forum Member

Thanks Lori, I needed a boost! Yesterday after reading this thread I submitted some of my stuff to Shutterstock and got rejected (sob sob). I will recover, haha, but it did hurt a little.

Oh well, I am here to learn and hopefully will get better.

I forgot to make the zazzle link clickable... here it is if anyone is interested (any other ametuers in here)
    www.zazzle.com

jess_pdx is offline I'm new here!

Default Zenfolio

I have been using www.zenfolio.com for personal use for years and am extremely pleased with it. They have a pro option as well, that allows selling your work. I plan to try it out shortly.

rebel_John is offline dPS Forum Member

Lot's of good info. Been looking for this info as well.

Page 3 of 26 First 1234513 ... Last