Close
Close
Page 2 of 71 First 12341252 ... Last
    smc1377 is offline Critique | Share My Shots Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Rowse View Post
    4. Choose the 'small' or 'medium' tab (if you choose the large one it makes the page too slow to load for some of our DPS readers who are on slower connections and it won't fit into our design as well).
    Hey Darren, for those of us who don't use flickr, what's the size dimensions for "medium" so that we know what to resize our images to?

Rory is offline I'm new here!

As an alternative, I use http://imageshack.us/ very easy, no need to register and gives you the code to paste right into reply

wulf is offline Ninja Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by smc1377 View Post
    Hey Darren, for those of us who don't use flickr, what's the size dimensions for "medium" so that we know what to resize our images to?
    Small = 240x180px

Medium = 500x375px

Swap the values for portrait orientated pictures. For images that aren't in 4:3 ratio, constrain the dimensions so that the result is no larger in either dimension (eg. a small picture could be 240x120px if the original ration was 2:1).

More to the point though, just don't make the pictures too big - a page of 2400x1800px images is going to cause a lot of people problems so it is better to share smaller thumbnail images and allow people to click through to the original.

Wulf
    Wulf Forrester-Barker << Sites: blog / flickr >>
    Gear: Nikon D40, Nikon AFS 18-55mm f/3.5 - 5.6G, Nikon Series E 50mm f/1.8, Nikon AF 70-300mm f/4-5.6G, Vivitar 90mm f/2.5 macro, Raynox DCR-250, Lensbaby 2.0k, SB600

BusShooter is offline I'm new here!

Quote Originally Posted by Rory View Post
    As an alternative, I use http://imageshack.us/ very easy, no need to register and gives you the code to paste right into reply
    Or Photobucket I find it's very easy to use myself.
    Canon S1 IS newb.| Photobucket

Redrabbit is offline dPS Forum Member

[IMG][/IMG]
    Just trying to do what you said. Not very good at it yet. Picture of Niagara Falls.

rjb_FotoTaker is offline dPS Forum Member

Default a test

embed a pic from my site; it seem to work so here is the text i used.

(<)object data="YOUR IMG ADDRESS HERE">
    (<)a href="YOUR IMG ADDRESS HERE">

You must remove the ( ) around < before object and a href, I had to do that to get the text on screen and replace "YOUR IMG ADDRESS HERE" just put the location of you pic e.g. www.you.com/img123.jpg
    Canon guy.

geotreker is offline I'm new here!

Photo Contest- All-inclusive trip for 2 to Mexico!

I just came across this great website that aims to protect World Heritage sites, and RIGHT NOW, Friends of World Heritage is sponsoring a photo contest with an absolutely amazing grand prize! Win a 10-day, all expenses paid trip for two to Mexico’s Yucatan Peninsula, home to five World Heritage sites. Send Friends of World Heritage (www.friendsofworldheritage.org) your best shot from a World Heritage site and write a brief personal statement describing your experience to enter. No professionals can enter so people like you and I have a real chance!

I’ve already entered my photos from the Grand Canyon and Machu Pichu - best of luck!

From the Statue of Liberty to the Galapagos Islands to the Pyramids of Egypt, World Heritage sites are sources of life and inspiration. Friends of World Heritage is a grassroots initiative working to promote and preserve the 830 natural and cultural wonders designated as World Heritage sites for future generations to enjoy. Check to see if you’ve already been to one of the 830 sites worldwide and enter today!
    http://whc.unesco.org/en/list/

Get involved at www.friendsofworldheritage.org

Photos are submitted via Flickr so go get your Flickr practice!

Berengaria is offline I'm new here!

Darren:

Is post processing allowable in the pictures submitted for the assignments?

Berengaria

wulf is offline Ninja Moderator

Unless the assignment specifies "Direct from Camera" then some post-processing is fine. You may want to note what you've done - purists can choose to look away and the rest of us can watch and learn

Wulf
    Wulf Forrester-Barker << Sites: blog / flickr >>
    Gear: Nikon D40, Nikon AFS 18-55mm f/3.5 - 5.6G, Nikon Series E 50mm f/1.8, Nikon AF 70-300mm f/4-5.6G, Vivitar 90mm f/2.5 macro, Raynox DCR-250, Lensbaby 2.0k, SB600

ready123smile is offline dPS Forum Member

This is my first post.
    Flower Pot

It works. Thanks alot!
    Nikon D50 35-55mm Nikkor / 70-300mm Nikkor / 2x 50mm 1.8 manual / SB-800 & 600 / some diopters / extension tubes
    My Flickr

Page 2 of 71 First 12341252 ... Last