Close
Close
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: A few words about the assignments!

paiges is online now rockstar

Default A few words about the assignments!

First of all, thank you for your patience and putting up with my extreme lateness. Life, it's busy & messy!

I wanted to say, there were several great images disqualified for being too large of an image. I was bummed. Please stick to 740 pixels maximum on the long side!

I think there's something else, but the thought ran off.

Any comments or questions? Leave 'em below!
    STB and Mary Grace like this.
    Paige

"Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." ~Roald Dahl

My flickr

Krusty79 is offline You kids get off my lawn!

Am I the only one who is bothered by members posting old images they know do not qualify for the assignments? Everyone has a shot in their archives that would be good for the current assignment, but the challenge is to get a good image during the contest duration. I think it just clutters up the thread unnecessarily. Anyway, my two cents...
    STB, kev22arc and LMAshton like this.
    GREG - Canon XS with 10-22, 18-55 & 55-250.
    flickr
    flickriver
    My 500px
    "You can't be young forever, but you can always be immature." - Larry Andersen.

Lauchlan Toal is offline 20/20 Irrational Vision

Quote Originally Posted by Krusty79 View Post
    Am I the only one who is bothered by members posting old images they know do not qualify for the assignments? Everyone has a shot in their archives that would be good for the current assignment, but the challenge is to get a good image during the contest duration. I think it just clutters up the thread unnecessarily. Anyway, my two cents...
    Sorry about that, I'd genuinely thought that I'd taken a shot in the time-frame but when I realized that it was a day late I thought it would be easiest and of the least confusion to simply edit the post saying that the shot was invalid rather than deleting it and risking confusion in the judging process.
    Mary Grace likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lauchlan Toal View Post
    Sorry about that, I'd genuinely thought that I'd taken a shot in the time-frame but when I realized that it was a day late I thought it would be easiest and of the least confusion to simply edit the post saying that the shot was invalid rather than deleting it and risking confusion in the judging process.
    No, I don't mean that. I mean people who post images and say, "I know this is not for the assignment, but I took this picture of an orange car 2 years ago on vacation." I don't see the point in cluttering the thread with those kind of posts.
    STB, kev22arc, LMAshton and 1 others like this.
    flickr
    flickriver
    My 500px

DiannaM is offline dPS Forum Member

How do you change the pixels, or can you change the pixels? I know mine are probably to large. I started using Lightroom for editing, but think I need to get a book on how to use it. There are so many things that can be done, I just don't know where to go to find things. Help?

DiannaM is offline dPS Forum Member

Krusty79, I love you! You really are crusty around the edges. You make a good point.
    Krusty79 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by DiannaM View Post
    How do you change the pixels, or can you change the pixels? I know mine are probably to large. I started using Lightroom for editing, but think I need to get a book on how to use it. There are so many things that can be done, I just don't know where to go to find things. Help?

I'm glad you agree about the posting of old images.
    paiges likes this.
    flickr
    flickriver
    My 500px

Machka is offline dPS Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krusty79 View Post

I agree.

(Even though I kind of did something along those lines in Signs ... but I made my "not for assignment" photos teensy-tiny.)

The assignment has start and finish dates, and part of the challenge is to take a photo within those dates.

But I wouldn't mind if people wanted to submit old photos after the assignment closes.
    idb likes this.

Machka is offline dPS Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by paiges View Post
    I wanted to say, there were several great images disqualified for being too large of an image. I was bummed. Please stick to 740 pixels maximum on the long side!

Is there any way to highlight the size requirements in the intro post of each new assignment thread?

PLJ
    PLJ is offline dPS Forum Member

Regarding pixel size -- when posting from Flickr, don't you select the correct size there? I always use medium (shows dimension numbers of less than 740 on either side). Or do I first need to make the adjustment in LR and then post from Flickr and choose medium?
    Mary Grace likes this.
    My best pictures are of my lens cap, but here are a few more on Flickr.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last