Close
Close
Page 1 of 33 12311 ... Last
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Ghetto Lighting

NaturesPixel is offline Super User

Default Ghetto Lighting

Ghetto Lighting is just lighting that you have on hand (eg desk lamp or torch) rather than proper photographic strobes etc.

Im sick so i have not had the energy nor the desire to even pick up camera so im cheating and posting one i did a few weeks ago...

as you can see .. my lamp was off to the right of me and slighly to the front... also it was placed a little lower...

Please remember to add the "Assignment: Ghetto Lighting" tag to your posts! Exif data must be still intact and images must be taken between "2nd Jan- 15th Jan" goodluck!!!

Next weeks Assignment will be "Good Use of DOF" (depth of field)

Cheers
    Leisa

Nikon D80 | Sigma 50-500mm EX DG HSM | Sigma APO 70-300 | Sigma 50mm macro | Nikon 50mm 1.8 | Nikkor 18-70mm | Lensbaby 2.0 | SB-800 Speedlight | Black Macbook C2D
    Little pixels from my world . Flickr

Claggy is offline dPS Forum Member

Here's one of my older photos that I used a desk lamp in. Would have been a lot easier to do if I had some help with the light. XD This isn't for the assignment but I did use 'ghetto lighting'

"Through Struggle"

Through Struggle
    Last edited by Claggy; 01-09-2008 at 06:27 PM.

Oliag is offline dPS Forum Member

IMG_0537

This is my first post of a photo to this thread!! It is not eligible for the challenge because it was taken earlier but I would love to receive any critique! This is my grandson fascinated with a flashlight...

Gail from RI
    Canon G9

Melinda is offline dPS Forum Member

Default flashlight

The power was out for quite awhile and this is my one year old son having a ball with the "light".

Photobucket

I took this picture in November so I don't think it is eligible for the assignment. This is my first week on this forum. I love the motivation it has given me. I received a new camera for Christmas and vow to learn truly how to use it!
    Melinda

Sime is online now Must. Get. Coffee. Quick.

Default assignment|ghetto lighting

desk lamp | ghetto lighting

Liz Caldwell is offline dPS +1000 Club

Quote Originally Posted by Oliag View Post
    IMG_0537

This is my first post of a photo to this thread!! It is not eligible for the challenge because it was taken earlier but I would love to receive any critique! This is my grandson fascinated with a flashlight...

Gail from RI
    Canon G9
    That's realllllllly cute! I might try to steal that idea and work it into my portraits

pooks is offline dPS Forum Member

Talking not for assignment, just for fun, Taken on the wrong day

lil pyro
    Thought I would just share this one. How is this for ghetto lighting?? My friends daughter playing with her sparkler, then she decided to set my boot scraper on fire with it!! She was creating her own Ghetto lighting!! was funny!!

Sime is online now Must. Get. Coffee. Quick.

Hi Pooks, did you have a flash fire in this shot?

Just incase anyone was having a bit of trouble working out what ghetto lighting is / looks like... you can have a look here [there may be partial nudity on the referred flickr page]

Sime

Liz Caldwell is offline dPS +1000 Club

Thumbs up

Hey eveyone, I just wanted to post a really great sample of ghetto lighting. I only modeled for this pic, so it obviously it's not my entry. The photo itself is by PHY Photo (myspace.com/phyphoto). I hope no one gets mad, since I modeled for it, she said I am allowed to post it.

Anyway, this is a great sample of ghetto lighting! the only lighting used were the xmas lights you see... it did require an extremely long exposure time (close to 30 secs), so unless you know someone who can freeze like a popcicle, you might wanna try an inanimate object. I'm gonna be doing my ghetto entry over the weekend, I plan on workin the ropelight.

starman likes this.

pooks is offline dPS Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sime™ View Post
    Hi Pooks, did you have a flash fire in this shot?

Just incase anyone was having a bit of trouble working out what ghetto lighting is / looks like... you can have a look here [there may be partial nudity on the referred flickr page]

Sime
    yes, off to the side. Another reason for it to not be in the contest as well right??

Page 1 of 33 12311 ... Last