Close
Close
Page 1 of 20 12311 ... Last
    Sime is offline Must. Get. Coffee. Quick.

Default Morning (Sept 3rd to 17th)

Morning!

Anything that deals with the early part of the day, sunrises, work commutes, breakfast, etc.

My morning always consists of coffee (you know this) and, sometimes coffee with a friend

What does your morning consist of?

Also, Maybe it'd be fun to post a little link under your photo on your flickr page linking to this assignment and inviting your friends to join in!.. You can see how at the bottom of this post HERE and HERE is an example (from mine, above)

Don't forget the rules:
    1. The image you submit should be taken between the 3rd of Sept (when it was announced) and 17 September (until one of the moderators closes the the mini-contest).

2. Your post must include "Assignment: Morning" (to show your permission to count it for the contest) and the date the picture was taken (to show that it is a valid entry).

3. EXIF data needs to be intact. It helps if you can include the main points (including camera, lens, date taken, ISO, shutter speed and aperture) in the text of your message.

4. Only one entry per member (if you can't restrain yourself until the end of the first week you can post two or three separate pictures but your entry should be in a separate post and the only marked with the text above).

5. Remember the cross-site image size limit (640px on the longest side).

6. If the image does not exist in post at the end of the contest, it is disqualified. If you modify anything on flickr and re-save the image then the link is broken and the message needs edited to link the picture again before it will be included in the contest.
    For everyone, please do not repeat other people's photos by quoting them until the contest is over. If you want to comment on or discuss an entry you can use a link to it (or just delete the picture from the quoted text).

Next week's assignment is "Filters" (use physical filters, WB settings or post-processing to enhance an image) Between sept 10 and Sept 24 (thanks DLAF for pointing out that I don't know what day it is..)

Sime
    Last edited by Sime; 09-11-2008 at 07:31 AM.

wulf is offline Ninja Moderator

Default Assignment: Morning (example)

Here is an example with some colour:

Sleepy Head - 1

Date: 8 August 2008
    Camera: Nikon D40
    Exposure: 1/2s
    Aperture: f/2
    Focal Length: 50mm (50mm f/1.8 E Series)
    ISO Speed: 200

It was part of my fiftytwo self portrait project - dim lighting meant a slow shutter speed and this wonderful motion blur result which highlights the movement of getting up.

Wulf
    Wulf Forrester-Barker << Sites: blog / flickr >>
    Gear: Nikon D40, Nikon AFS 18-55mm f/3.5 - 5.6G, Nikon Series E 50mm f/1.8, Nikon AF 70-300mm f/4-5.6G, Vivitar 90mm f/2.5 macro, Raynox DCR-250, Lensbaby 2.0k, SB600

Tom F is offline I'm new here!

Default Assignment: Morning

Sunrise taken September 6.

Sunrise 2.jpg

Camera: Sony DSLR-A350
    Exposure: 0.033 sec (1/30)
    Aperture: f/16
    Focal Length: 16 mm
    ISO Speed: 160
    Exposure Bias: 0/10 EV

barkerdoreen is offline I'm new here!

Default Assignment: Morning

Misty Morning Meeting
    Date Taken: September 8th
    Camera: Kodak EasyShare CX7330

murfam is offline dPS Forum Member

Default Weekly Assignment: "Morning"

I got this shot of the sunrise from my kitchen doorway. I've always been an early riser and watching the sun come up while I enjoy my morning tea is one of the real pleasures of my day.
    Camera: Canon EOS 40D
    Date/Time: 9/5/08 @ 6:28 a.m.
    Exp.: f/10 @ 1/200 sec.
    ISO: 400

horiz.
    D.J. Murphy
    Canon EOS 40D w/Canon EF 28mm X 135mm and Samsung Digimax S/500
    my flickr
    THE CAMERA NEVER LIES, THAT'S THE PHOTOGRAPHERS JOB

pinkster88 is offline dPS Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by barkerdoreen View Post
    Date Taken: September 8th
    Camera: Kodak EasyShare CX7330

I love this shot!
    Pinkster88
    My Flickr
    Nikon D40X, 18-55mm kit lens, 50mm f/1.8, tripod & wireless remote
    Paint Shop Pro PHOTO XII

asterismos is offline dPS Forum Member

Default assignment: morning

I took this last week but didn't think it was quite right as a contre-jour (with drama). This is a view from the road leading us to our home. We only have one car so when I want to go out shooting I must take my husband to work and September in the mountains means more fog than sun in the mornings. I plan to try to get up early this week though to continue taking "morning" themed shots and will post what I get to my flickr page. I like the "leading lines" and how the telephone/electric poles gradually fade/disappear into the fog further down the valley. Also, as I remember it, I had to quickly take this as I was standing in the middle of the road to get the composition and a view of the other poles. Very excited about next week assignment BTW.

The morning story behind this is these are the lines which carry the electricity for people's coffee makers, the cable for tv morning news, and the first telephone conversations of the day. (in the winter the first telephone calls are mostly by people checking for snow days

morning fog

Taken on
    September 5, 2008 at 8.37am EDT
    0.002 sec (1/500)
    Aperture: f/16
    Focal Length: 54 mm
    ISO Speed: 100
    Exposure Bias: 0/3 EV
    Flash: Flash did not fire
    Manual
    Handheld
    Last edited by asterismos; 09-16-2008 at 07:13 PM. Reason: changed wording of first paragraph slightly
    Canon EOS Digital Rebel XTi (400D) with EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 kit lens, Canon EF 28-90mm 4-5.6 lens, Canon EF-S 55-250mm 4-5.6 IS lens, Canon Ultrasonic Zoom EF 28-80mm 1:3.5-5.6 lens, Canon 50mm 1.8 lens, Sigma 400mm 5.6 lens and Homemade DIY Macro lens.

Saralonde is offline Administrator

My morning is coffee, too, in an attempt to wake up!

Day 3-365 (by saralonde)

Exposure: 0.008 sec (1/125)
    Aperture: f/1.8
    Focal Length: 50 mm
    ISO Speed: 200
    Flash: Flash did not fire
    Linda
    My Gear
    OK to re-edit and repost my shots on dps
    flickr

SWalton is offline dPS Forum Member

Heres two morning photos i took then fused, but sadly not for the competition. Also although the second one says 'A Day in the Life' its really more mornings than an entire day :P

Mornings
    My flickR

Please feel free to edit and repost on DPS.

SWalton is offline dPS Forum Member

A day in the life
    My flickR

Please feel free to edit and repost on DPS.

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... Last