Every month or two I like to create a list of helpful tutorials and resources from around the photographic web.
This time I think you’ll agree that there’s been some wonderful tutorials written. I’ve included 17 from other sites – 5 from our archives (this time last year) and 3 great photoshop video tutorials.
17 Hot Photography Links From Around the Web
- Make Your own BikeCAM – a fun DIY with a video
- 5 Ways to Hold Your Viewer’s Attention – 5 simple composition techniques
- Transforming a Daylight Image into a Wild Night – Photoshop tutorial
- Nine Reasons to Manually Focus When Taking Pictures – sometimes manual focusing is your best option
- The Importance of focus and quick tips on how to get it right – another focusing related tutorial
- My Photography Workflow – Photographer Thomas Hawk talks us through his workflow
- The 15 Second DIY Adjustable Snoot! – a fast DIY
- The Nuts and Bolts of Off-Camera Flash – first part of a four part series on off camera flash (part 2 here).
- 8 Photography Myths Debunked – just what the title says 🙂
- Getting Rid of Dust Spots – Photoshopping tips
- Flicker Flash – How to capture movement with a series of strobe flashes
- Introduction to Digital Photography – 10 Ways to Improve your skills
- On Assignment: Night Chopper Pt 2 – 2nd in a series of shots taking you on a shoot of a chopper at night
- Your Guide to Buying Old Film Cameras – Feeling Retro? This one’s for you!
- Seeing the Possibilities – a great post on how to see possibilities in different locations
- Understanding Camera Exposure Modes – talking you through spot, evaluative and center-weighted metering.
- Curves color enhancement tutorial – a video screencast of GIMP in action
5 Tutorials from our Archives that You Might have Missed!
As usual in these posts I thought I’d throw in a handful of articles from our own archives – from July 2007 – for those of you who are new to Digital Photography School and might have missed some of what we’ve already covered:
- 18 Exceptionally Useful Photoshop Shortcuts – the most popular post from July last year
- 7 Strategies for Avoiding Flash Blow Out – we’ve all suffered from it – but how do you overcome flash blowout?
- 4 Rues of Composition for Landscape Photography – some basic ideas on composition
- Using Flash in Action Photography – tips and some cool photos
- How to Photograph Pets – always a popular photographic subject – Pets!
3 Hot Photoshop Video Tutorials
Lastly on this ‘Around the Web’ round up let me share 3 fun photoshop tutorials with you.
1. De-Aging In Photoshop
Curves: Learn How to Use the Basics of Curves
3. Vanish Objects with Clone Tool
Get more great digital photography tips in your inbox by subscribing to DPS.